Australia is the hotspot of job opportunities. Get yourself listed on our website to know more and be seen by Australian Employer, based across Australia.
Diesel Motor Mechanic Required in Australia
Our client is a consultant based in Melbourne, Australia. His employer client have the vacancies for Diesel Motor Mechanic.
Diesel mechanics are responsible for the maintenance and repair of diesel-powered vehicles. Their duties include running diagnostic tests on vehicles, testing driving vehicles to gauge performance, and maintaining detailed records of the vehicles they have serviced.
Diesel Mechanic Job Description
We are looking for physically fit candidates with good attention to detail for the diesel mechanic position. The primary duties of a diesel mechanic include performing diagnostic tests on diesel vehicles to find faults, analysing diagnostic test results, and repairing or replacing engine, steering, transmission, braking, or lighting system components.
Diesel mechanics need to be highly organized and communicate effectively, as they will be expected to maintain detailed records of serviced vehicles and interact with customers daily.
Diesel Mechanic Responsibilities:
- Running diagnostic tests on vehicles.
- Analysing diagnostic test results.
- Replacing vehicle engines, steering mechanisms, transmissions, and braking systems.
- Checking vehicle lighting systems.
- Test-driving vehicles to gauge performance.
- Performing preventative maintenance on service trucks.
- Maintaining detailed records of serviced vehicles.
- Adhering to an inspection procedure checklist.
- Maintaining a parts inventory.
- Ensuring the cleanliness of the shop.
Diesel Mechanic Requirements:
- Degree or diploma in mechanical or automotive engineering.
- ASE Diesel Certification is advantageous.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Aptitude for mathematics and science.
- Advanced knowledge of diesel engine components.
- Good IT and diagnostic skills.
- Physically fit and able to lift to 150 pounds.
- Proficiency with maintenance and repair tools.
- Attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good organization skills.
Terms and conditions of employment
- Annual salary: depending on the occupation, skill level, etc. – $A54,000 or more
- Work hours: 38 hours a week
- Paid annual leave: 4 weeks (or 28 days) every 12 months
- Paid personal leave (sickness, bereavement, care of spouse, child, etc.): up to 10 days a year
All terms and conditions of employment will be the same as an equivalent local employee
The selected candidates will have to take private health insurance. For a family of 4 members, an annual premium would be little more than $1500
No phone calls please
The interested candidates should send their resume strictly by email email@example.com.
No phone calls will be entertained. Only the eligible and shortlisted candidates will be connected by our office.