Australia is the hotspot of job opportunities. Get yourself listed on our website to know more and be seen by Australian Employer, based across Australia.
Metal Fitters and Machinists – Vacancy in Australia
Our client is a consultant based in Melbourne, Australia. His employer client has the vacancies for Metal Fitters and Machinists
METAL FITTERS AND MACHINISTS fit and assemble fabricated metal parts into products, set up machining tools, production machines, and textile machines, and operate machining tools and machines to shape metal stock and castings.
Indicative Skill Level:
In Australia: AQF Certificate III, including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above.
In some instances, relevant experience and on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Studying drawings and specifications to determine suitable material, method and sequence of operations, and machine settings
- Fitting fabricated metal parts into products and assembling metal parts and subassemblies to produce machines and equipment
- Checking fabricated and assembled metal parts for accuracy, clearance, and fit using precision measuring instruments
- Setting guides, stops, and other controls on machining tools, setting up prescribed cutting and shaping tools and dies in machines and presses, and setting controls for textile machines
- Forming metal stock and castings to fine tolerances using machining tools to press, cut, grind, plane, bore, and drill metal
- Cutting, threading, bending, and installing hydraulic and pneumatic pipes and lines
- preparing pattern mechanisms to control the operation of textile machines used to spin, weave, knit, sew and tuft fabric
- Diagnosing faults and performing operational maintenance of machines, and overhauling and repairing mechanical parts and fluid power equipment
- Erect machines and equipment on-site
Terms and conditions of employment
- Annual salary: depending on the occupation, skill level, etc. – $A54,000 or more
- Work hours: 38 hours a week
- Paid annual leave: 4 weeks (or 28 days) every 12 months
- Paid personal leave (sickness, bereavement, care of spouse, child, etc.): up to 10 days a year
All terms and conditions of employment will be the same as an equivalent local employee
Medical benefits: To be borne by the successful candidates. The approximate annual medical policy costs may range around AUD 1500/-
NO phone calls, please.
The interested candidates should send their resume strictly by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls will be entertained. Our office will connect only the eligible and shortlisted candidates.