Are you interested in finding a different job in Europe? Do you have a high level of education and skills that are in demand in the global market? If so, you might be interested in applying for an Austria job seeker visa.
An Austria job seeker visa is a type of visa that allows you to enter Austria for up to six months and look for a suitable job that matches your qualifications. During this period, you can explore the Austrian labor market and network with potential employers. However, you are not allowed to work or study with this visa.
If you find a job within six months, you can apply for a work permit and a residence permit to stay and work in Austria. You can also bring your family members with you if you meet the requirements.
Eligibility Criteria for Austria Job Seeker Visa
To be eligible for an Austria job seeker visa, you need to fulfill the following criteria:
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a recognized university or an equivalent qualification.
- You have at least five years of relevant work experience in your field of study.
- You have enough funds to cover your living expenses in Austria for six months. You can demonstrate your financial resources by using a blocked account.
- You have health insurance that covers you in Austria and the Schengen area.
- You have a valid passport and a travel itinerary.
- You have a clear criminal record and no security threat to Austria.
How Do I Apply for Austria Job Seeker visa?
To apply for an Austria job seeker visa, you need to follow the job seeker visa process steps:
- Find the nearest Austrian embassy or consulate in your country and make an appointment for a visa interview.
- Fill out the visa application form and gather the required documents, such as your passport, diploma, CV, proof of funds, health insurance, etc.
- Pay the visa fee of €100 and submit your application and documents to the embassy or consulate.
- Attend the visa interview and answer the questions about your purpose of visit, qualifications, and plans in Austria.
- Wait for the decision on your visa application, which can take up to three months.
- If your visa is approved, collect your passport with the visa sticker and travel to Austria within the validity period of the visa.
- Once you arrive in Austria, register your address with the local authorities and start looking for a job.