The Austria Job Seeker Visa is a long-term residence permit that allows you to enter Austria and look for a job that matches your qualifications. It is part of the Red-White-Red Card scheme, which is a points-based system that aims to attract skilled workers from non-EU countries.
The Job Seeker Visa allows you to look for work in Austria for a maximum of six months. During this time, you can search for employment opportunities, attend interviews, and network with potential employers. If you find a suitable job, you can apply for a Red-White-Red Card, which will allow you to work and stay in Austria for up to two years, with the possibility of renewal or permanent settlement.
What Are The Eligibility Criteria For The Austria Job Seeker Visa?
The Austria Job Seeker Visa is designed for very highly qualified workers who have a high level of education and work experience in their field. To be eligible, you must score at least 70 points out of 100 according to the following criteria:
- Special qualifications and skills: You must have graduated from an institution of higher education with a minimum duration of four years, preferably in the subjects of mathematics, informatics, natural sciences or technology (MINT subjects). You can also score extra points if you have a post-doctoral qualification, a PhD, or if you have worked in a senior management position or have conducted research and innovation activities.
- Work experience: You must have at least five years of relevant work experience in your field of expertise.
- Language skills: You must have basic knowledge of German or English (A1 or A2 level) or intermediate knowledge of French or Spanish (B1 level).
- Age: Your age should not exceed 45 years.
- Studies in Austria: You can get additional points if you have completed part or all of your studies in Austria.
How to Apply For Austria Job Seeker Visa: Step-By-Step Process
To apply for the Austria Job Seeker Visa Process, you need to follow these steps:
- Prepare the required documents: You will need to provide your passport, passport photos, cover letter, proof of academic qualification and work experience, proof of accommodation in Austria, proof of financial means, proof of health insurance, and proof of personal status in India.
- Fill out the application form: You can download the application form from the website of the Austrian embassy or consulate in your country.
- Book an appointment: You need to schedule an appointment at the Austrian embassy or consulate in your country to submit your application in person.
- Attend the interview: You will have to attend an interview at the embassy or consulate where you will be asked questions about your motivation, qualifications, and plans in Austria.
- Pay the fees: You will have to pay a fee for the visa application and the verification of your documents.
- Wait for the decision: The processing time for the visa application may vary depending on your case. You will be notified by email or phone when your visa is ready.