For those pursuing a boundless life, Austria is an ideal destination to settle and thrive. As people worldwide constantly chase an international career for a better life, many European companies are eyeing talented Indians to take their business operations to the next level.
Nestled in the heart of Europe, Austria presents tremendous opportunities for non-EU nationals planning to live and work in Europe. With its job seeker visa scheme, Austria invites highly qualified third-country nationals seeking to make meaningful contributions to the country’s robust economy.
What is an Austria job seeker visa program?
An Austria job seeker visa is a temporary residency program designed for non-EU nationals seeking jobs in Austria. The permit makes it easier for third-country nationals to enter Austria and search for a suitable job based on their skills, qualifications, and work experience. The visa is valid for six months, with a possibility of extension for another six months.
All applicants must be able to support themselves financially during their stay in Austria and have valid health insurance coverage. After securing a job offer, they can switch their job seeker visa with a work permit.
Austria attracting global talent through a job seeker visa.
Austria’s diverse culture, awe-inspiring landscapes, and well-developed economy make it desirable for skilled workers. The country is loved for its high living standards, top-notch healthcare system, world-class education, and promising employment prospects. Austria stands out from other countries because it appeals to global talent.
For decades, skilled immigrants have played a vital role in the growth and development of Austria. These workers have significantly impacted key sectors of Austria, such as IT, healthcare, construction, finance, hospitality, etc. Recognizing the shortage of workers in several industries, the government of Austria launched the job seeker visa pathway.
Eligibility requirements for job seeker visa Austria
To apply for the Austria job seeker visa, one must meet the following requirements:
- Must secure at least 70 points out of 100 based factors such as Age, Education Qualification, Relevant Work Experience, English Language Skill, Studies in Austria.
- You must be a highly-qualified worker in a shortage occupation.
- The Public Employment Service (Arbeits markt service – AMS) must confirm to the Austrian representative authority that you have reached the points required for admission.
- Show confirmation of German or English language skills in the form of an internationally recognized diploma.
- A job seeker visa can be obtained if you have sufficient funds to manage your initial expenses in Austria.
Point’s calculator for the Austria job seeker visa
|Graduation of a minimum duration of 4 years
|Subjects: Mathematics, Informatics, Natural Sciences or Technology
|Post-doctoral qualifications or PhD
|Research and innovation
|Work experience (depending upon the years)
|Six months of work experience in Austria
|German or English language skills (A1 level)
|German or English language skills (A2 level)
The most essential requirement to apply for a Red-White-Red-Card is a valid full-time job offer in Austria. There are also other general eligibility requirements under the scheme that applicant must meet to be eligible for this card.
Austria’s Red-White-Red-Card- Features
- It is a combined residence and work permit.
- Intended for long-term employment in Austria.
- Must have a binding job offer to apply.
- Valid for up to two years.
- Comes with a benefit of family migration
- Bound to one specific employer
Do you want to start your journey to Austria from India? Let us help you in your pursuit of attaining a global career. Give us a call now at 8595338595 to live your European life.