Are you a highly skilled professional from outside the EU who wants to work and live in Germany? If so, you might be interested in applying for the EU Blue Card Germany offers, a special type of residence and work permit that offers many advantages over other options.
The EU Blue Card is a residence title for graduates that is intended to facilitate and promote the permanent immigration of highly qualified persons from outside the EU to Germany. It is similar to the US Green Card, which allows skilled non-citizens to live and work in the US.
What Are The Benefits Of The EU Blue Card?
Here are some of the biggest benefits of the EU Blue Card, which is a special type of residence and work permit for highly skilled professionals from outside the EU:
- Travel freely within the EU (for cards issued in Schengen countries). You can visit any of the 26 Schengen countries without requiring a visa. You can also travel to other EU countries that are not part of the Schengen area for up to 90 days within a 180-day period.
- Be treated equally to citizens in terms of employment and travel. You can enjoy equal rights as nationals regarding working conditions, pay, social security, and access to public goods and services. You can also change employers and jobs within Germany after two years without requiring approval from the authorities.
- Bring family members with you. You can apply for family reunification and bring your spouse and minor children to Germany. They do not need to meet any language or education requirements and can work without restrictions.
- Permanent residency rights. You can apply for a permanent settlement permit after 33 months of living and working in Germany with an EU Blue Card. If you have sufficient knowledge of German (level B1), you can apply after 21 months. A permanent settlement permit allows you to stay in Germany indefinitely and gives you more freedom and security.
- Access to the same government-funded social programs as citizens, including education, healthcare, and travel. You can benefit from the high-quality public education system in Germany for yourself and your children. You can also access the public healthcare system and enjoy comprehensive coverage. You can also take advantage of various travel discounts and opportunities within Germany and Europe.
How to Apply For Germany EU Blue Card?
If you think you are eligible and interested in applying for an EU Blue Card Germany offers, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Prepare the necessary documentation. You need to submit the following documents with your application: A university degree that is recognized; A work contract for a minimum of one year; A letter from your employer stating their intention to hire you; A passport that is valid; Two photos of passport size
- Submit an application. You or your employer can do this. Depending on the country, you may need to book a meeting at the relevant Embassy or Consulate in your country of origin. Most EU countries have this requirement. At this appointment, you will submit your EU Blue Card application along with the necessary documentation. You may also need to provide an application fee (though, again, it depends on the country).
- Wait 90 days (maximum). The processing time for an EU Blue Card application may vary depending on your country of origin and destination. The process should be completed within 90 days at most. You will get a message informing you of the outcome of your application. If approved, you will receive your EU Blue Card and can travel to Germany to start your new job and life.
The EU Blue Card is a valuable opportunity for highly skilled workers to live and work in Germany. For more inquiries regarding your Germany EU Blue Card application, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com or 08595338595.