Germany is one of the countries in Europe that opens doors for skilled professionals from non-EU countries to move there and search for well-paid jobs. Ever since the German government introduced this visa, there has been a tremendous spike on searches related to Germany Job Seeker Visa requirements on the Internet. The German immigration authorities are committed to making the opportunities attractive enough for foreign workers who wish to live and work in Germany.
To make Germany an alluring destination for overseas workers, the country announced a job seeker visa that invites people to travel to Germany and search for employment opportunities. The validity of this type of visa is six months. If you have obtained a job offer at the end of the validity period, you will be given a German work permit that will allow you to continue your stay in the country.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for a Germany Job Seeker Visa?
The applicant needs to meet several eligibility requirements before applying for the Germany job seeker visa:
- Hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from a German university or an equivalent foreign degree.
- Have at least five years of experience in your related field of study.
- Show proof of travel or medical insurance for your entire stay in Germany or until you get your Work Permit.
- Submit financial statements to show that you have sufficient funds to cover your living expenses in Germany.
Additionally, having a basic understanding of the German language can be a plus for your profile. Though English proficiency is sufficient for the visa, it would be better if you at least know basic German.
Documentation Requirements for Job Seeker Visa Germany from India
Before booking an appointment, please gather the following documentation for your job-seeker visa application:
- valid passport (issued within the last 10 years and with at least 12 months validity left at the time of submission of the application)
- 1 copy of your passport’s data page (A4 size copy)
- 3 passport pictures according to biometric specifications
- Cover letter from applicant explaining the steps you’ll take to find employment in Germany
- Proof of academic qualification and work experience.
- Personal CV containing details of employment and education
- Proof of financial means to cover the costs for the time of your stay in Germany.
- Proof of personal status in India birth certificate of applicant, Aadhar card (whichever applicable)
- Health insurance
After arriving in Germany with a job seeker visa
The holders of Job Seeker Visa Germany can stay in the country for six months to look for jobs in their domain. Once they find the job offer, they must switch the job seeker visa to a valid work permit. You may have two options:
- you can either apply for an EU Blue Card, or
- you can apply for an employment residence permit
Job Tips: With the economy on a steady path of recovering it, there are a lot more Job Opportunities in Canada as well as UK Job Opportunities for Indians. Working in a foreign country is a unique experience filled with new learnings so if you are looking to explore your career for job opportunities in Australia then there are a more viable prospects for overseas jobseekers.
Do you want to live in Germany? Does this job seeker visa option interests you? If yes, contact our accredited and reliable immigration advisors at 8595338595 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.