Sweden is a beautiful and prosperous country that attracts many skilled professionals from around the world. If you are one of them and want to explore the job opportunities in Sweden, you might be interested in applying for the Job Seeker Visa Sweden offers. This is a new type of visa that allows highly qualified individuals to come to Sweden for up to 9 months and look for a job or start a business.
What Exactly Is The Sweden Job Seeker Visa?
The Sweden Job Seeker Visa is a temporary residency permit that allows individuals to stay in Sweden for up to 3-9 months while searching for a job. The visa is aimed at individuals who have skills that are valuable in Sweden but do not have an employment offer yet. The visa does not allow you to work in Sweden, but only to look for work or explore the possibility of starting your own business.
If you find a suitable job or start a business during your stay, you can apply for a work permit or a residence permit for self-employed persons without leaving Sweden. However, if you do not find a job or start a business within the validity period of your visa, you will have to leave Sweden.
What Are The Requirements For The Sweden Job Seeker Visa?
To be eligible for the Job Seeker Visa Sweden offers, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a citizen of a country outside the EU/EEA/Switzerland.
- You must have a valid passport.
- You must have an advanced degree (master’s degree, PhD, advanced vocational degree/professional degree) that corresponds to one of the following:
- a 60-credit Master’s degree
- a 120-credit Master’s degree
- a professional degree worth 60-330 credits
- a postgraduate/PhD-level degree
- You must have the intent of seeking a job or looking into the possibility of starting your own business in Sweden.
- You need to be financially independent and not rely on others for your living costs in Sweden. The Swedish Migration Agency recommends a minimum of SEK 16,806 (approximately USD 1,850) per month for the duration of your stay. You must also have enough money to pay for your travel back to your home country.
- You must have a comprehensive health insurance that covers you in Sweden.
- You must be located outside of Sweden when you apply for the visa.
What Is The Process For Applying For The Sweden Job Seeker Visa?
The Sweden Job Seeker Visa Process requires you to follow these steps to apply for the visa:
- Sign up for an account on the online site of the Swedish Migration Agency.
- Fill in the details and upload the documents that are required, such as:
- A copy of your passport
- A copy of your degree certificate
- A copy of your academic performance report
- A copy of your bank statements or other proof of funds
- A copy of your health insurance policy
- A letter granting the Swedish Council for Higher Education (UHR) the right to contact your educational institution to verify your degree
- Pay the application fee of SEK 2,000 (approximately USD 220).
- Wait for the decision on your application. The processing time may vary depending on your nationality and the workload of the Swedish Migration Agency. You can check the status of your application online through your account.
- If your application is approved, you will receive an email with instructions on how to collect your visa sticker from a Swedish embassy or consulate in your home country. You must collect your visa sticker within three months from the date of approval.
- Travel to Sweden with your passport and visa sticker. You must enter Sweden within six months from the date of approval.