Do you know that Germany offers a visa for job seekers? Known as a job seeker visa, this type of visa allows a non-EU national to look for a job according to their skills, qualifications, and work experience. The most highlighting part of this visa is that it can instantly increase your chances of making contact with German employers and landing a job that aligns with your professional background.
What are the basic requirements to apply for a German job seeker visa?
- You must submit proof of vocational or academic training.
- Your academic degrees and qualifications should be recognized in German or be equivalent to a German degree or diploma. If your profession is regulated or requires professional practice, you must get your qualifications recognized in Germany.
- Provide proof of possessing the German language skills required for the job you are seeking.
- Provide bank statements and other financial statements to prove that you can cover your costs of living in Germany.
What are the opportunities Germany job seeker visa offers?
- The German job seeker visa allows holders to stay there for a maximum of six months while searching for employment.
- It allows non-EU nationals to explore career options, attend interviews, and receive a job offer.
- Individuals can apply for a work permit or an appropriate residence permit after getting a valid job offer.
What is the process to apply for a job seeker visa in Germany?
Step 1: Check the requirement
Please check the below job seeker visa eligibility requirements before you start the visa process:
- Equivalence or comparability of the foreign qualification
- Enough financial funds
- Proof of German language competence: minimum requirement is level B1 (CEFR)
Step 2: Schedule an appointment at the German Embassy
- In this step, you need to gather all your necessary documents, including passport, proof of qualifications or vocational training, proof of German language skills, and visa application form.
- Book your appointment for document submission.
- Once you submit all the documents and pay the fee, the German embassy will provide information on possible waiting times and any additional documents that may be required from your end.
Step 3: Apply for a visa in your home country
- Bring all the required documents in their entirety
- Pay EUR 75 (in local currency) as part of the application fee
Step 4: Fly to Germany
- Come to Germany as job seeker visa holder
Step 5: Apply for a residence permit after getting a job offer
- Make appointment with the designated authority
- Apply for residence permit for successfully landing a job opportunity.
Documents checklist for the job seeker visa
Please gather the following documents for your job seeker visa:
- A valid passport
- 1 copy of your passport’s data page (A4 size copy)
- Three passport-size photographs
- Proof of academic qualifications and work experience
- A cover letter from applicant describing the intended steps they wish to take to find employment in Germany along with further career plans to stay in the country.
- Copy of CV with full education and employment history
- Proof of accommodation in Germany
- Proof of financial funds to manage your expenses in Germany.
- Proof of health insurance
What is the processing time for Germany job seeker visa?
Generally, it takes around four to six weeks for the German embassy to give a decision on your visa application. The processing time can be longer or shorter depending on the embassy and whether you have submitted all documents correctly.