Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technologists and Technicians (NOC 2133)
It is possible to work as an Electronics/Electrical Technologist/Technician without a formal 4 year degree qualifications. However, many employers prefer individuals to have qualifications in the field of Electronics, Electrical, Communication or Systems Engineering.
In addition, the following qualifications are recommended and may be required:
- A qualification in Electronics/Electrical with a focus on core engineering task of relevant domain.
- Usually, two/three year diploma in Electrical and Electronics/Communication domain after 10+2years of schooling certificate are considered under this category, Bachelor’s degree will be a plus.
- Bachelor degree holders with having senior level of experience may considered under “2133 / 21310 – Electrical and electronics engineers”.
Major skills: –
- Assistance and support to senior engineers.
- Assembles circuitry in support of Electronics Engineers
- Design, develop and test power equipment and systems, industrial process control systems, telecommunication, broadcast, recording and audiovisual systems, microelectronic systems and circuits, computers, computer systems and networks, and computer software
- Assist in inspection, testing, adjusting and evaluation of incoming electrical, electro-mechanical and electronic components and assemblies to ensure conformance with product specifications and tolerances.
- Inspecting designs and finished products for compliance with specifications and regulations
- Assembling, installing, testing, calibrating, modifying and repairing electrical/electronic equipment and installations to conform to regulations and safety requirements.
- Collecting data, performing tests and complex calculations, graphing results, and preparing charts and tabulations
Electrical and Electronics Technologists/Technicians responsibilities
Conducts tests of electrical/electronic systems, collects and analyses data, prepares charts and tabulations, and assists in estimating costs in support of Electrical/Electronic Engineers.
Supervise, analyses and modifies new and existing engineering technologies and applies them in the testing and implementation of engineering projects.
Particular responsibilities often include:
- Assist in building and testing prototypes to specifications
- Conduct or supervise the installation
- Commissioning, and operation of electrical and electronic equipment and systems
- Estimating materials costs and quantities/ evaluating performance of equipment
- assisting with research and experimentation programs
Median Wages: CAD 31.25 / hour