Full-Stack Developer (NOC 2175 / 21234)
It is possible to work as a Full Stack Developer without formal qualifications. However, many employers prefer individuals to have qualifications in the field of computer science.
In addition, the following qualifications are recommended and may be required:
- A qualification in computer science or information systems with a focus on software development. This could be a certificate IV in Programming or a diploma in Software development, or a Bachelor’s degree majoring in Software Development.
- Complete online or in-person courses to build your specialization in one or more programming languages.
Full-stack developer skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, PHP, and .Net.
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle, and MongoDB.
Full Stack Developer responsibilities
The primary responsibility of a Full Stack Developer includes designing user interactions on websites, developing servers and databases for website functionality, and coding for mobile platforms.
- Particular responsibilities often include:
- Developing front-end website architecture.
- Designing user interactions on web pages.
- Developing back-end website applications.
- Creating servers and databases for functionality.
- Ensuring cross-platform optimization for mobile phones.
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
- Working alongside graphic designers for web design features.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Designing and developing APIs.
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
Median Wages: CAD 29.59 / hour