Job prospects for Restaurant Managers are high in Alberta. Know how!
Alberta emerges as a hotbed of opportunities for hospitality workers, as the province’s hospitality industry is expected to rise rapidly. If you are a restaurant manager in India and want to explore job opportunities in Canada, moving to Alberta should be on your list.
Restaurant manager jobs are the most sought-after in the province of Alberta. The province always seeks young and talented foreigners passionate about serving people and treating them with the best possible restaurant experience. Young Indian applicants with considerable experience, education, and training in the hospitality industry are the best choice for the job roles the provincial employers offer.
The restaurant manager job also constantly features in Canada’s National Occupation Code (NOC) list. Hence, managerial-level jobs are extremely popular among young professionals and skilled newcomers across Canada.
Add wings to your career in Alberta as plenty of job opportunities await experienced Restaurant Managers (NOC 60030).
Job responsibility of a restaurant manager in Canada:
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of a restaurant, bar, cafeteria, or other food or beverage service.
- Determine the type of services to be offered and implement operational procedures
- Recruit staff and oversee staff training.
- Set staff work schedules and monitor staff performance.
- Control inventory, monitor revenues, and modify procedures and prices.
- Resolve customer complaints and ensure health and safety regulations are followed.
- Negotiate arrangements with suppliers for food and other supplies.
- Negotiate arrangements with clients for catering or use of facilities for banquets or receptions.
How Restaurant Managers Can Immigrate to Alberta?
Alberta Advantage Immigration Program
The stream is designed for highly qualified foreigners aspiring to settle in Alberta. The AAIP has three streams for people who plan to live and work in Alberta. With this program, potential immigrants with the right combination of work experience, education, and skills can apply for an Alberta Provincial Nomination Certificate.
Stream for skilled workers in hospitality under AAIP
Alberta Opportunity Stream
This stream is for qualified and skilled immigrants already in Alberta who want to settle permanently in the province. A prior job offer is a must to qualify for the opportunity stream.
Alberta Express Entry Stream
The stream is created for potential immigrants to Canada with an active express entry profile and a minimum comprehensive ranking system score of 300. Candidates must also meet the minimum eligibility requirements for age, work experience, education, language skills, etc., to be invited for the provincial nomination.
Additionally, the following factors may increase your chances of receiving a nomination from Alberta:
- a prior job offer from an employer in Alberta
- a post-graduate degree/certification from a designated Canadian college.
- Having a parent/child/sibling who is a Canadian citizen or holds permanent residency status in Alberta.
Restaurant managers interested in moving to Alberta must complete an online application form through the AAIP portal. Once done, candidates will be asked to submit several documents in favor of their application, depending on their circumstances, and pay the visa application fee.