Germany Needs Skilled Nurses – Start your Immigration Process Now!
Are you a highly-skilled, qualified nurse? Do you want to live and work in Germany? If yes, now is an excellent chance for you. Germany provides fantastic job opportunities for nurses seeking career advancement. Thanks to its state-of-the-art healthcare infrastructure, ideal living conditions, and high nurse demand, Germany is a leading destination for healthcare professionals planning to relocate abroad.
In this article, you will learn about the nursing profession in Germany and what skills and qualifications are required to grab a promising nursing job there. The article will also discuss the language requirements for potential immigrants from India and the right way to apply for these job vacancies.
Germany is trying to woo Indian nurses
Germany continues to make efforts to attract skilled workers from India, especially nurses. Recently, Germany’s Labour Minister Hubertus Heil, visited Thiruvananthapuram, during his G20 meet in India. His visit to Thiruvananthapuram was part of his international recruitment effort to bring more nurses and skilled professionals to Germany.
Since Germany is struggling with sufficient workforce availability, nursing professions remain a high-demanding occupation in hospitals, nursing homes, and other healthcare facilities. This demand for nurses is expected to increase in the future. So, are you ready to become part of Germany’s healthcare system? Here’s how you can start.
Major tasks performed by nurses in Germany
As a nurse, you will be providing care to all kinds of people, which include the following areas:
- Patient care
- Paediatric nursing (caring for children)
- Geriatric nursing (care for the elderly)
- Mental health department
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Intensive care unit
- Medical surgical department
You will be responsible for performing the following job duties:
- Independent patient observation
- Patient support, guidance, and support
- Both inpatient and outpatient treatment
- Documentation and evaluation of nursing measures
- Carrying out day-to-day nursing measures and medical instructions.
- Assist in medical interventions.
- Be a competent contact person the patient’s family
Job benefits that will blow your mind:
- Competitive salary
- Free or affordable education and training
- Opportunity to learn or improve your German language skills
- Access to a dual public-private health insurance system
- Possibility to obtain a permanent residence permit
- Pension plans offering financial security during retirement
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Safe working conditions
Number of job vacancies for nurses in Germany
As mentioned above, Germany is currently experiencing a severe shortage of nursing professionals. Presently, 1.3 million people are employed in the healthcare sector, with 36,000 positions waiting to be filled. With growing aging population, development and innovation in medical technologies, and the rising demand for health workers had led Germany to rely on foreign nurses to curb this labor gap. Germany needs 220,000 nursing staff in its hospitals, nursing homes, clinics, and other healthcare centers.
Entry requirements for international nurses in Germany
- Nursing bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum of two years’ work experience
- German language certificate at B2 level
- Recognition of your nursing qualifications by German authorities
- Work or job seeker visa for Germany
Believe it or not, language plays a crucial role for healthcare professionals as they must communicate with patients from varied backgrounds. Nurses who wish to immigrate to Germany must have a basic understanding of the German language. The language requirements differ by institution and location. Some institutions accept A2 proficiency, while some accept B1. It is advised to take German language classes before applying for a visa.
Nursing job vacancies offer the best platform for Indian nurses aspiring to grow and gain international exposure. With the proper visa guidance, qualifications, and German language skills, Indian nurses can enjoy a flourishing career in Germany.
Need expert guidance? Contact Abhinav Immigration Services NOW for immediate visa assistance at 8595338595.